What’s the best paint color for selling your Southeast Michigan home? 🤔 This might seem like a trivial question, but at Mitten Made Properties we know that home colors actually do play a role in which property a buyer ultimately purchases.
As a rule of thumb, stick with neutral colors. According to HomeLight’s Top Agent Insights Report for Q1 2020, 98% of agents surveyed agreed that neutral color schemes appeal the most to homebuyers.
Want specifics? If the sea of paint chips is overwhelming, here are some recommendations based on industry experience.
For Common Areas
- Agreeable Gray by Sherwin-Williams was ranked the #1 paint color by agents in a Homelight survey.
- Accessible Beige by Sherwin-Williams is a little more interesting than stone-cold gray.
- Penthouse by Clare can create a sophisticated feeling in your home.
- Canvas Tan by Sherwin-Williams is great for complementing wood stains.
For the Kitchen
- Linen White by Benjamin Moore. It’s hard to go wrong with white in the kitchen!
- Newburyport Blue by Benjamin-Moore is a muted blue that makes for a great accent color.
For the Exterior
- Iron Mountain by Benjamin Moore is an elegant dark gray-brown.
- Sparrow by Benjamin Moore gives a warm and welcoming tone.
- Oyster White by Sherwin-Williams complements homes with wood accents.
Hopefully, that helps you choose some paint!
And if you’re looking to sell your home in Metro Detroit without lifting a paintbrush, give Mitten Made Properties a call at (248) 883-3340. We can buy your home as-is and make you a fair cash offer in just 48 hours!