Did you relocate to Metro Detroit without really know the area before you arrived?
This is often the case. Maybe you had to move here for a job change or transfer, to be closer to family, retirement, or for one of many other reasons. Your old house in your old town sold quickly, and the clock started ticking – time was not on your side.
Maybe you had a family to get settled, children to enroll in school, movers to hire, or another adult needed to secure a job. So out of necessity, you rushed to buy a house here in Southeast Michigan.
As a result, after a while you may discover that your initial choice of a home wasn’t really the best one for you. After all, this area has a very wide range of neighborhood atmospheres, and often just a couple miles can make a huge difference.
Here are some common issues we hear from transplants to Metro Detroit:
• The house you picked is closer to the city than you thought. You wanted something trendy and urban, but this is not what you had in mind.
• Or maybe it’s the opposite: You didn’t realize the house was SO FAR out in the boonies! It’s way beyond the suburbs!
• You didn’t research schools in all the rush, and you’ve discovered you’d like to live in a better school district.
• Certain services you use regularly are too far away, like public transportation, medical offices, or decent shopping.
• There happens to be a landfill nearby, and it’s so close you can smell it. Not good.
• The traffic! It was such a quaint area when you checked it out over a quick weekend, but it turns out the traffic at least doubles your commute time.
Whatever your reason for wanting to change Metro Detroit neighborhoods, we can help at Mitten Made Properties. We make selling your home simple and can close on your timeline (as little as two weeks or as long as you need), giving you the flexibility to find that perfect house.
Call us at (248) 883-3340 for a fast, fair offer on that not-quite-for-you property, so you can find one that is!